Engineering Research Center of Electrochemical Technology, Ministry of Education
The Center (Engineering Research Center of Electrochemical Technology, Ministry of Education) associated with Xiamen University was authorized by Ministry of Education in 2006. Meanwhile the center obtained the strong supports from Department of Science & Technology, Fujian Province and Xiamen Municipal Party Committee & Government. Facing on the needs from national economy and local industry, the center have done wide Research and Development (R&D) on engineering high-tech in electrochemical industry field such as electrochemical power sources, electro-deposition and surface treatment, corrosion science, biochips and advanced electrochemical instruments.
There are more than 30 full-time teaching & research staff in the center(including 10 contracted researchers such as senior engineers and so on. Prof. Tian Zhaowu (academician of Chinese academy science) and three professors acted as the technical leader. The research staff were composed of two academicians of CAS, one Yangtze River Plan distinguished professor, five winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, four distinguished professors of Xiamen University, eight professors / doctoral supervisors , and more than ten associate professors/senior engineers.
Main Research Projects
- Environment-friendly Electroplating/New Techniques of Chemical Plating.
- Metal Material Surface Treatment Technology.
- New Electrochemical Supercapacitor.
- Lithium-ion Battery and Related Materials.
- New Electrochemical Instrument.
Nowadays, several new engineering technology have bee explored with companies in a R & D platform ( ~ 2500 m2 ) located in Xiamen Torch Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone( Xiayan district), which is provide by the the government of Xiamen City.
Target in The Near Future
- To set up a strong R & D team, including excellent young researchers, it is expected that there will be more than 50-80 R& D engineers and 100 PhD/MSc students in the center in 3 years.
- To build strong and innovative R & D/production department, and industrialize advanced electrochemical technology into the manufacturing industry. About 10 high-tech projects will be commercialized in the near future.
- To set up modern and efficient management system in the research center.